Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 proble

Jun 27, 2009
Help, I recently took out the SWG cell and went thru the cleaning process as written per instruction. The SWG is about 4 month old.
After re-inserting the cell, there was no power to the cell.
So I checked the fuse and it was blown, went out and bought 4 new fuses, 250v 10amp from Radio Shack.
However, upon replacement , the fuse was immediately blown.
Any suggestion as to what is the problem.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Some obvious things need to be eliminated:

Connection is made correctly?

Nothing is inside the cell bridging across the plates?

I called Pentair Tech Support. They told me to call an electrician to measure the current across the power center. What a bunch of crock , please make note next time when you shop for equipment. This is the kind of service you get from Pentair.

photon29 said:
I called Pentair Tech Support. They told me to call an electrician to measure the current across the power center. What a bunch of crock , please make note next time when you shop for equipment. This is the kind of service you get from Pentair.

So what would you rather they say, measure the current yourself? They don't know if you are competent to perform such a test. That test is one you can get into trouble fast with. So they were just covering themselves.

Agreed, they should have offered a warranty station. You did tell them it is less than a year, yes? I would call again, and suggest a warranty station come out for a visit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.