Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: rebalance after ascorbic acid treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

rebalance after ascorbic acid treatment

My numbers are:

I realize my cya is a little high but would it be a problem since I have a swg and also closing pool in a few weeks. How should I raise the chlorine, I realize its in small increments but where should I start and also should I leave the ta and ph where they are?

By the way the treatment worked great, the pool looks like it did when it was installed. Very happy, that you so much.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: rebalance after ascorbic acid treatment

If I follow the drift showed in pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock for SWCG, I'd say aim for 7ppm chlorine, never go below 5.

TA at 70 seems alright to me, since you're using a SWCG that will raise your pH over time anyway. Having it on the low side will actually help you.
    Thus, pH is alright too, it WILL increase.

However, when you'll close your pool, if you use pucks to keep it clear until it freezes (which I do not advise with that much CYA already present), raise your pH/alcalinity a bit.
    Pool: None, and All.
    ''What's really interesting is finding some way to explain some technical concepts with simple terms so that everyone might understand, to vulgarize.'' CaOCL2