winterizing pool

Hi,

I started using the BBB this year and it was fantastic basically used only bleach and a little muriatic acid all year and the pool was perfect thanks to this site!!
My pool came with the Acqador skimmer cover but I forgot to tell them to install it so I would have to take off the inside plate and gasket which is siliconed should I bother what are the benefits of closing this off??
Also what should I put in the pool before covering I use to buy a winterizing kit from the pool store.

Thank you,

Kenny

I used to buy the kits too - stopped when I found TFP. The kits really don't have anything that's necessary and has alot you prob don't want anyway.

Just shock (use polyquat 60 if you want), drain below your return and cover. I wouldn't bother with the Aquadoor. A little fresh water each spring is probably a good thing anyway....

I was dreading closing the pool for the 3rd time since i bought my above ground. A guy i work with says he keeps his open all year. He says it's easy to do, because it doesn't require much in chemicals and after the leaves fall, there's really not a lot of debris. I would love to keep it open all year. It's so pretty to look at, rather than that ugly cover that gets covered with leaves. I'd like to know what you all think of that. It's really a pain to cover it, and this spring when i took the cover off, it was horribly green. It freaked me out. The pool store said not to worry, just throw in massive amts. of shock and algecide and such. It did work thankfully. I was sure i'd have to drain the swamp looking mess. whewww. I don't want to have to go through that again. I'd like to keep my eye on it year round. May i please have feedback on this from you all?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.