This question is for the plumbing and pumping experts.
I will be starting on my hard plumbing project for my pool. Connecting the pool to the pump then filter then to the SWG and finaly to the pool. I have the Intex sand filter combo and will be using 2" pipe and fitings. I know the intex threads are not standard but I have checked the fit with standard threads and I can make it work. I will be using unions so I can disconnect everything if needed.
Now here comes the questions.
I'm tired of hanging a water hose over the side of the pool to add water. I want to add a fitting to my plumbing so I can just connect a water hose to it and not over the side of the pool.
1. Where in the plumbing should I put the fitting?
2. After the pump before the filter?
3. After the filter before the SWG?
4. After the SWG?
5. Should I use a check valve or ball valve to keep the pool water from going out the hose fitting when the hose is not connected?
6. Can I fill the pool while the pump is running or will the pump preasure keep the water from entering the plumbing?
Here are a couple before pictures.
Current water look .