I started a new post since the other was related to swim safety and high chlorine. To recap...I initially shocked to 24 since I had mustard algae. Overnight it went to 16 and during day down to 6.5. Last night added bleach up to 24 again and this morning it was 19. I added more bleach this morning to go back up to 24 which was 8:30am. It was 85 and left the pump run all day with SWG to 0. At 9pm when I got home the FC was 7.5 with CC=0. I didnt go in the water to check the clarity with goggles so not sure if it is completly clear. So do I need to reshock back up to 24 again?
On a side note during these past two week my PSI hasnt gone up at all. I do have an oversized sand filter. I decided to backwash this morning before adding bleach but he water was completely clear. Just wanted to throw that info in there.
Thanks for all the input. As an apprentice to all the masters here I hope to one day join the Ring of Knowledge and help out where I can. I have learned so much in the past 4 months. Just how long does it take to be able to join the Ring of Knowledge?