Newish filter media from old filter in new Sand Filter?

Aug 23, 2010
UK
Hi
I have an opportunity to acquire a better sand filter than I currently have (replace with a Triton T40). I have just added new filter media to the old filter (See spec at bottom of post). Question is can I simply pour the filter media into the new filter? I guess the issues are around the fact that I have two layers of glass, course and small.

Hi Langy3366,
Yes you have hit the nail on the head, hopefully there isn't too much of a mix of grades yet as it is quite new. so you should be able to scoop it out and keep the grades seperate. If I were you, keep the area where the two may have mixed seperate and put that back on top of the course material that is definitely all course. Not actually tried this so good luck, sounds like you'll need a bit more glass too.

Thanks Teapot,
I think it would be a good swap. T40's water flow of 8-9 cubic metres is a better match for my system compared to my current 4-5 cubic metre recommended flow of the Azur. That said the pool water's looking good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.