Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cleaning Net that has a brush on it

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Cleaning Net that has a brush on it

Does anyone know if they make one of those Net Attachments that also has a brush on the structure of the net so that you could easily glide it on the pool floor to pick up dirt?

If not someone should patent this, it would be perfect. In the last few years I switched over to the nets that are very long, I sink it to the bottom of the pool in an attempt to pick up small debris without having to lug out the Vaccum or the robot since it's a pain to deal with either.

Having a brush on it would make it so useful.

In terms of brushes, someone did recently recommend I purchase the Wall Whale, is it the general opinion that this is the best brush?
    18' x 36" Ovalish 80,000 Litre Vinyl IGP. 2 speed 1HP Hayward pump SP2607X102S. 300 Pound Sand Filter. Summit Sum5 Heat Pump, Goldline Controls Aqua Logic P4 System, T-CELL-15 SWG, Aqua Pod Remote Control, Pentair 7845xx02 light.
    TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Stirrer, Pool Chemist in training.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Cleaning Net that has a brush on it

Thread about wall whale brush. Haven't ever seen a rake/brush combo, maybe you could build a prototype!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like a leaf rake may be what you need, it has a hard rim that allows you to push it on the floor towards whatever you want to pick up. Not for dirt or sand, but great for nuts, leaves, branches.

The Wall Whale is great, the fin applies a lot of force to the brush so you don't have to struggle with it. And it creates massive currents, so dirt is thrown up into the water and redistributed. Good if you have a still spot that things land in, just gets it up and moving.

I also use a Spa wand that is a suction device that can pick up small things. Dirt or small leaves, not big leaves.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    Sounds like a leaf rake may be what you need, it has a hard rim that allows you to push it on the floor towards whatever you want to pick up. Not for dirt or sand, but great for nuts, leaves, branches.

The Wall Whale is great, the fin applies a lot of force to the brush so you don't have to struggle with it. And it creates massive currents, so dirt is thrown up into the water and redistributed. Good if you have a still spot that things land in, just gets it up and moving.

I also use a Spa wand that is a suction device that can pick up small things. Dirt or small leaves, not big leaves.

I think a Leaf Rake is what I'm using now, from images I found on the net it is just a long netting that first on to the end of a pole, because it doesn't have anything like a brush or something that allows it to glide along the bottom of the floor, I find it difficult to pick up leaves and small debris on the floor with it, I'm looking for a better solution.
    18' x 36" Ovalish 80,000 Litre Vinyl IGP. 2 speed 1HP Hayward pump SP2607X102S. 300 Pound Sand Filter. Summit Sum5 Heat Pump, Goldline Controls Aqua Logic P4 System, T-CELL-15 SWG, Aqua Pod Remote Control, Pentair 7845xx02 light.
    TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Stirrer, Pool Chemist in training.

5. Back To Top    #5

Somewhere here there is a Visual Encyclopedia that has a few photos of a leaf rake but this one does not have the hard lip with extension on it that mine does.

Here, mine is like this, net is black, lip is white. http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Ho...300010/I/82610 To use, PUSH with the hard edge down and scraping the bottom.

here is the Polaris Spa Wand http://www.amazon.com/Polaris-Spa-Wa.../dp/B002NJQPL4
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps