Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! I'm new, how do i start?

1. Back To Top    #1

Las Vegas NV

HELP! I'm new, how do i start?

i'm new and would like to introduce myself. i've tried to do so 3 days ago but obviously failed because i din't get any feedback so far, all that to say where do i start as a newbie???????????
    25,000 gallons, IG plaster, Filter Sta-Rite System 3 Modular Media Filter Model S8M150 (has 2 filters: one large and a smaller one), Sta-Rite Pump MAX-E-Glas II 3 HP Model P4E6H-190L
    Eco-Matic ESC-36 salt chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! I'm new, how do i start?

Welcome to TFP Not sure about your previous thread or post as your post count is only currently at 1 , but your should start off by reading through Pool School...especially the getting started section
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Katy, TX

step 2: Get yourself a good test kit...need to break free from strips, oto and pool store readings...believe me, you'll get the hang of it in no time and feel confident about keeping your pool crystal clear.
    step 3; read, read, read
    step 4, ask, ask , ask

good luck!
    Inground with 7x7 spa (spillover)
    20k gal plaster (sunstone)
    pentair 3/4 hp (filter), 1 hp (spa), 1/2 hp (features)
    cartridge filter
    SWCG IC-40
    Polaris Platinum (with booster)

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are here. You can add information about yourself and your pool to your profile and signature. That will put your location up by your name on the left -- we need that sometimes because that gives us an idea of the weather and sometimes particulars about your tap water. In your signature you can add everything you know about your pool -- size, surface, features like spa or waterfall, pump and filter details, and how you are maintaining water now as in using tablets or SWG or whatever.

If you need help identifying your equipment, you can post pictures. We love pictures.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.