Water drains into pool

Jun 21, 2010
With the concrete apron poured a couple of days ago, my 18 x 36 IGP is virtually finished. Then, yesterday evening as I was hosing dirt and grit off the apron, I discovered that water runs into the pool along about 15-18 feet along one side. The drainage tilt is slightly TOWARD the pool.

I still owe the pool company about $4k, due at completion. I'm looking for advice. Any ideas about what can be done about the drainage? The only thing I can come up with is to jackhammer it out and re-pour. Is it possible to sand it down enough? A quarter-inch or so is probably all it would need to drain properly, but I would be very concerned about it matching the finish of the rest. Any thoughts?

Make them repour it. That was ineptitude. Any builder will agree. Dirt will wash in every time it rains. It will mess with your water level and chemistry too. The sooner, the better or the color of the deck will be noticeable off for years.

Scott

Thanks for the input. The pool company has been in business here for over 35 years. I think they'll take care of it. This is a small town and I don't think the owner would want his reputation tarnished over something at such nominal cost. The concrete finisher was a sub-contractor of the pool company, so I seriously doubt if he's been paid yet--and won't be until the job is done right. Otherwise, the pool is great and the pool company has done everything they said they would do.

There was no issue with the pool company in re-doing the concrete. They cut out the bad section on Wednesday and re-poured on Thursday, adding an edge drain where the deck meets the house. This should take care of the problem. My only regret now is that it's mid-September and the water temp is already a chilly 75 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.