Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite cell cleaning

1. Back To Top    #1

Sunny Deltona, FL

Aqua Rite cell cleaning

When giving my Aqua Rite cell a diluted acid bath, I use a rubber ball to block one end while cell is standing on end then pour in solution for soaking. This requires my holding the cell on end and sometimes gets messy. Am pondering creating a pedestal that I can screw the cell into making it water tight and free standing. Saw one advertised for $45 but am sure I can build something cheaper. Anyone already built one? Could I get list of materials and thoughts? Thx, Bistro in sunny FL.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Aqua Rite cell cleaning

The only real problem you're going to have is finding the threaded end to screw the cell into. O-rings are easy, and you could glue the union hapf to a PVC blind flange or a piece of PVC plate for a base.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

24' AG Doughboy w/ 5'8 dish bottom, CWII DE Filter, 1.5 hayward 2 speed pump, Aquatrol SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Silicon Valley, CA

If you can get an extra union, then go to the PVC store, and see if you can get a 2" cap that is flat on the bottom. You may have to go to a couple of places before you find one that's flat. They are out there, iv'e found them.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.