On the right track??

No worries on the welcome :goodjob: ...we all came here out of frustration...now having been pool schooled vs pool stored...I look forward to helping folks in need. I tell ya the my cheap old intex SWG has been the best thing ever...no longer a jug dumper, chucked the pucks and now I rely on salt and a little electricity to make my chlorine :mrgreen: .

Anyhow, you would do no harm by raising your FC to shock level and keeping it at shock level...you can then confirm you are done shocking while doing the overnight test

Melt In The Sun said:
Fawn,
Given that the powder "does not add calcium" and "will not lower pH" it's almost certainly dichlor. If you've used 60-70 pounds of dichlor since 8/1, I can guarantee you that your CYA is through the roof. 1000 oz (~65 lbs) would raise your CYA by 94 in a 40k gallon pool. The picture gets even worse if your pool isn't as large as you think.

Please do get a good kit! Things will start to fall into place once you know where you're starting. "After that, the heavens will open, angels will sing, your marriage will be perfect, and your daughter will say "yes ma'am" and never whine again!"

I can hear the angels now. Can I get an "amen" ! :angel:
You put it so eloquently, Mets, I couldn't resist.

You keep it at shock until you have no chlorine loss during the overnight test. If you decide to drain you need your skimmer off. I'm just now looking into SWG myself. For your pool I would say its going to cost over $1000.00 for sure. I would go with Hayward since it seems match what you havse on the pad now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.