Temperature sensors gone wild

serge

Nov 2, 2009
Katy, TX
Hello everyone: Today I woke up to do my weekly routine on the pool (chemistry tests, brushing, and equipment inspection), to find my temperature sensors giving wild readings...I reset the panel, performed a self-test and lastly, changed the batteries in the remote (just in case) all of these to no avail.

Has anyone else gone through 2 sensors gone bad at the same time? Is there another way to test?

replies are most welcome...

serge

You might have some bad connections. Remove and re-tighten the sensor wires. If you have a multi-meter, measure the resistance of the sensors (disconnected from the controller). Should be stable, less than 10K ohms.

Our year and a half year old Pentair temp sensor went out 4 weeks ago...same symptoms. We troubleshot it, and ended up buying a new one locally and installing it ourselves. $60..although we could have ordered one for almost half that, just didn't want to wait as we were having company that weekend and needed a quick fix. Pineloch Pools in Clear Lake had the sensor.

Update: water temp sensor had a crack in it and stopped working. Air sensor had no apparent damage, but was replaced anyway. Equipment under warranty, so no problems. PB is behind his work and we couldn't be more satisfied with his perfromance...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.