Need HELP Service Code 144 - Jandy Aquapure

TamTam444

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
Friendswood, TX
Thanks to several of you for your posts (especially Spishex), just reading through the threads has helped me troubleshoot several of my customers...I am a new member & am jumping on this thread as I cannot locate one referencing Jandy Service Code 144 (for Aquapure). The only info I can find tells me this code relates to "Lo Salinity". I, of course, followed several posts that only lead me to the Jandy Owner's Manual. I need a little more information than it contains.
When I first did a search on code 172 & 186, The posts from Spishex from March 09 helped tremendously,thus we were able to close out 3 work orders. (Thanks!) by following his step-by-step instructions on testing the circuit board.
I am now hoping to get the same type of step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting this service code 144. The only info I was given is that when tested with our handheld "salt level tester", the reading was "WNL", even with the code showing "low salinity". If needed I believe I can get more info, just let me know what I need.

Since I am inquiring about a customer's Aquapure system, my 'signature info' obviously doesn't apply.

As you have posted, a 144 is a low salt reading. I would confirm salinity, remove the sensor to insure that is is clean, and if the code persists, change the sensor.

Having said that, yes, i did by-pass the diagnostics on the circuit boards. Only because the Jandy A/P sensors have been having these problems lately (over the past 18 months) and replacing the sensor has been fixing the problem.

If you are a service tech, i would take a little capital, and buy a sensor to keep with you, so you can do some faster diagnostics. When you are at a job and the sensor is in question, install your spare, and if it works, leave it there and order another for your box, and charge the customer for the spare you ordered. Honestly, you probably wont have one sensor long enough for it to become "used" before you sell it to a customer and get another for your box (tool).

Will the aquapure still produce chlorine if the salt is low? I recently added salt to my pool and was getting several codes. It was a new installation so I went through all of my wiring and found the blue wire pulled out of the connector. I just reinstalled it and reset the system and the only code I am getting is 144. The salt is showing 1.2 and 1.3, going back and forth between the two. I probably need about 80 more lbs of salt to get my ppm to where it should be but I wanted to have the water professionally tested first. I have it running right now but was wondering if it would even try to make chlorine if it says it is low.

Considering this hasn't worked since it was installed then there is no reason to believe that it isn't wiring. Before I spend $160 on a new sensor it only makes sense to make sure it is wired correctly. It would be very easy to accidentally swap a couple wires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.