Leave solar cover on??

lynns

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2010
New Jersey
This was my first year with the pool so this may be a dumb question. I live at the Jersey Shore and it looks like we are going to get some wind and rain from Hurricane Earl on Friday. Should I leave on my solar cover? or will wind just blow it around and make a mess anyway? I have a lot of trees in my yard so my first thought is to keep it on so I won't have a million leaves in the pool.

Thanks in advance.

Definitely. Left mine on during Hurricane Juan in 2003, and it stayed on just fine during the storm, and kept a lot of needles and leaves out of the pool. We also stowed all the patio furniture prior to the storm, so we didn't have to search for it at the bottom of the pool.
lynns said:
This was my first year with the pool so this may be a dumb question. I live at the Jersey Shore and it looks like we are going to get some wind and rain from Hurricane Earl on Friday. Should I leave on my solar cover? or will wind just blow it around and make a mess anyway? I have a lot of trees in my yard so my first thought is to keep it on so I won't have a million leaves in the pool.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.