Filtration scheme

Yes the chart is right off the manufacturers site. I realise that the claims are a little stretched and that you can't drink the water etc...

There would still be clorine in the pool, just less.

Maybe U.V. is the wrong way to go, but which is the best way? (complete new topic)

Hi Brownsburg,
I can only echo the above post, the sun's U.V. is millions of times stronger than a little lamp and it's free. U.V. is ok for indoor pools without sunlight but won't really offer you anything extra, A dealer friend of mine is actually selling al his U.V. kit off as he no longer believes the claims and there are also concerns over U.V. as it can with chlorine liberate more chemicals and nasty ones too. Something the dealers will never mention.

Like me you are looking for the holly grail of pool solutions but when all is said and done chlorine is the best we have and it takes so little to do a great job of sanitising our pools. You may want to consider a salt water chlorine generator as these not only produce your chlorine without humping container of bleach and acid around but also produce small amounts of strong oxidisers which can reduce the byproducts of chlorination further.

Using glass filter media I belive will also reduce chlorine by products as it filters finer than sand and does backwash cleaner than sand so stays cleaner and if the theories are correct less dirt of any kind in the pool or filter means less bacteria so less chlorine usage. How many times do I hear it said and say it myself dirty sand filters better, which in essence means sand is ok but can be improved by dirt or DE powder. Bacteria can survive in the most hostile places on this earth so a filter with chlorine in it is ok but even dead bacteria and algae are a food source for other bacteria so keeping everything as clean as possible when you have a compromised immune system just make sense (although it may cost a bit more, is cost alway the bottom line?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.