Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot Cleaner Opinions

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

Robot Cleaner Opinions

Hello, first post here so go easy on me

I searched this section and wasn't able to determine what the best fit for me would be in regards to a robot. As you can see, I have a large pool. Shape is easier to describe with a picture than words:

There are so many options and prices out there, I can't decide what is the robot for me.

So you know, according to my pool guy, my pool is not compatible with the pressure or suction type cleaners, robot it is for me, just need to know which one is the right one to purchase!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Robot Cleaner Opinions

I know lots of people here have robotic cleaners, with pools of all sizes. Your pool probably is too big for a suction cleaner, but a pressure cleaner could possibly work with some minor modifications to your plumbing. I would go with a robot regardless though. Looks like a great pool (at least from outer space...)
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Central Massachusetts

Re: Robot Cleaner Opinions

I like my Aquabot T2.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.