Hello all, I did a search for high level CYA and nothing came up, if this has been discussed please re-direct me. Thanks.
Darn "convenient" measuring strips, they showed 0 or very low CYA, so I added the cyanuric acid. After reading here that those strips are no good, I got a real test kit and the reading is CYA 95, I also read that the only treatment is to drain and replace water or use "untreated" liquid chlorine for a while.
I am guessing that it does not work this way, but if my CYA level is higher than ideal, will my chlorine remain higher and last longer?
I just hate to see all that drained water wasted and also water it is a tad expensive in my city.