Need some quick help before I have to drain my whole pool

Aug 26, 2010
Louisiana
Hello, I am a newbie to this forum and need some quick help before I have to drain my whole pool. I have an Intex AGP 16x32x52" Ultra frame pool with a SWG about 4 months old. Over a week ago the SWG went out. Now I am told it will be another 2 weeks before they will have any back in stock to replace mine. My pool is getting really yucky, thus bringing me here to do some research. I like the idea of the BBB method, but really have no idea where to start being the pool is already filled and has 365 lbs of salt and the other chemicals that I was told to use. They told me the pool hold 15000 gallons of water. Can you please give me some idea of where to start without having to drain the pool and start from scratch? I am disabled and need something that isn't so complicated as all the chemicals I have been using. Can someone please help me with this or offer suggestions? You calculated the Borax and acid for 15000 gallons so I have that, but have no idea od how much bleach to use and when to acid the borax and acid. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I do hope this is in the right forum as it could be posted in a couple different ones.

You want to start by getting a complete set of water test results. The best way to do that is to purchase a top quality test kit, but a set of test results from a pool store will do for now.

You don't want to start on borax and acid right now. Get everything balanced and under control first and then figure out if you really want to add borates or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.