Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calcium test

1. Back To Top    #1

Calcium test

With the current state of my pool I am unable to test the Calcium level with the TF100 test. The color turns clear before anything else. Is there a way to test a higher amount of calcium? like double the red drops? half the water?
    12,000 Gallon
    Hayward 2HP Pump
    Solar Panel
    TF-100 Kit
    Built 2004, bought Dec 2007
    BBB All the Way

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Calcium test

Quote Originally Posted by nitz369
    With the current state of my pool I am unable to test the Calcium level with the TF100 test. The color turns clear before anything else. Is there a way to test a higher amount of calcium? like double the red drops? half the water?
    What happens if you continue adding reagent after the water turns clear?
    17,000 Gallon plaster pool. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE Filter. 3/4 HP Hayward Superpump converted to dual speed. CircuPool RJ45. Skimmer, floor drain, two returns.

3. Back To Top    #3

nothing, the most drops I have added is about 70 though.
    12,000 Gallon
    Hayward 2HP Pump
    Solar Panel
    TF-100 Kit
    BBB All the Way

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you post your procedure and which reagents you used and in what order. Something is a miss?

5. Back To Top    #5

25ml water
    20 drops R-0010
    5 drops R0011L
    add R-0012 till turns blue.

The R-0012 is clear solution so each drop dilutes to R-0011L to be just a little bit more clear. By about 60-70 drops it is almost completly clear and very hard to tell if it turned blue. this would say my calcium level is above 700, how can I test higher calcium?
    12,000 Gallon
    Hayward 2HP Pump
    Solar Panel
    TF-100 Kit
    BBB All the Way

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you have some type of magnetic stirrer or agitator or are you shaking your sample with your hand?

Try putting 2 drops of R0012 first, before you add the first 20 drops of R0010.

Also, how many drops does it take before it goes from pink to purple?? or does it?