Ok, been cloudy and cool here for the past couple days (thank God) in Texas. Checked my water this a.m. Chlorine above minimum for my CYA level as usual. For grins I did the CC test and it came out 1. My buddy and I split a cord of wood yesterday afternoon and plunged into the pool sweat and all! I've searched back several posts that have said CC wll burn off with sunshine and that it is only indicative that the FC has combined with organics. Pool is cystal and clean and clear-all other items are in range. Is it absolutely positively necessary to shock, or just wait for some sunshine to erase that CC? Mostly suny today so I'll check CC level again this evening. Thanks in advance.