Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Now he wants a heater....

1. Back To Top    #1

Now he wants a heater....

Our pool was just installed on Sept.26th and my husband think we should look into getting a heater so we can use it longer. We got the pool mainly for my daughter who has cerebral palsey to use for leg PT and strength building. So what is the best ABG pool heater we can get thats really going to heat the water so that my daughter can use the pool longer during the year? I was thinking a solar type seat up would be good but this pool stuff is all new to me.
    24ft Seaspray Evoluction ABG
    1.5hp Pentair Dyno
    22in Sandfilter
    AquaTrol SWG
    Milton, FL (NW Florida Panhandle just outside of Pensacola)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Now he wants a heater....

We use a 150k BTU heater. Pools sitting at 97 right now for a cool night of swimming.
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mendota Heights, MN

Quote Originally Posted by gqjeff
    We use a 150k BTU heater. Pools sitting at 97 right now for a cool night of swimming.
    That's not a pool, that's a 24' hot tub!
    But I should not say much, mine was at 94 last night.
    Back to the OP, I would think that Solar would be the way to go in your area. Once installed there is no additional cost like a heat pump or gas heater. (They can also be used to cool the pool at night if it gets to warm). But you do depend on sunshine to warm up your pool. A lot depends on where you can put the panels, do the looks of the panels bother you, how far away will they will be, can you install yourself...
    Look at all the options, (ie: solar, heat pump, nat. gas, propane...) do a search here (bottom left corner) on heating.
    Good luck!
    Intex Ultra 18' x 52" AG 6,981 Gal.
    3 - 2'x20' solar panels
    Hayward XStream 1500 Cart Filter
    Hayward 1-1/2 HP 2-speed Superpump
    Aquabot Pool Rover
    2-Softub 300 hot tubs (yup just got one for the lake)
    TF Test Kit Doing the BBB for 7 years
    Medota Heights,Minnesota

4. Back To Top    #4
    Wylie, Texas

We just use a solar cover. The short rain we had about 4 days ago brought our water down from 94 to 86. So, since it's close to the end of the season, we put the cover back on to get the temp back up and it's now at 97-98. So depending on what the weather does now, we can take it off to keep swimming on into September and put it back on when we're finished.
    32x16 buried Doughboy, 4' shallow - 7' deep
    Pentair Dynamo 1 hp, 2-speed - Pentair 150# SD40 w/zeolite (75#)
    One skimmer/two returns/Aquabot Turbo T2