Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there moss on your slide?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there moss on your slide?

I really want an SR Smith Turbo Twister - for the kids, you understand. Nothing I'd ever use. The kids are forcing me. Anyway, two local builders have told me that they often remove them after a year or two because they get boring very quickly. A reference I talked to actually had that done.

So, do you have a slide? Which one? How long have you had it, and does it get used?

Hydraulically mundane 20x40 rectangular polymer (~30K gal.), IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump, IntelliChlor IC40 SWCG, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, LED light, 2xDeck Jets, SR Smith Turbo Twister slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is there moss on your slide?

Well I don't have one and don't want one. Besides one more thing to keep up with maintenance wise and get in the way of the safety cover I never really used them much when they were avail.
    Growing up my friends had slides on their pools and we would always be gung-ho to get on it the first time we went swimming for the season...then never touch it again for the rest of the year.
    You may enjoy it more, but I can understand the getting boring aspect pretty well.
    Seems like three grand could go to better use, but that is just my opinion.
    25k gal vinyl AquaRite T-15

3. Back To Top    #3
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

We have a slide, it gets used as described above...every new person coming into the pool is gung-ho to try it then it never gets used again. I am planning on removing it for a sun bench/baja step when I redo my liner. It kind of like the 3 ft shallow end, its too shallow for anyone over 5 years old and too deep for an adult to sit so it never gets used...I plan on making a section of our 3' shallow end 2' deep for sitting on and lounging.

You would need a pretty big slide to hold a kids attention for any length of time and a separate pump to feed it enough water to make it fun, my recommendation is get a sun bench or a water will use it more.
    55 Kilolitre in-ground 18'X36' vinyl lined kidney shape, 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 250lb sand filter, RayPak Delta T 200K BTU natural gas heater. New PoolWerks "Blue Diffusion" liner on May 26th-2011

4. Back To Top    #4

I have one and LOVE it! My grandkids use it most, but Grammy likes to use it, too. Have had it and been using it for the past four years now and have no plans to ever remove it.
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).