Help with understanding my ro logic P4 and salt setting

Aug 28, 2010
Hi

Newbie here!

I have a goldline pro logic Pl-P4 and up until this morning it was showing 2,800ppm for salt. This dropped to 2,500 and came up with check system message to add salt which I did, the reading then shot up to 3,800 (no big deal)

But when I went to get the water tested it showed 2,500 on all tests!

Ok here is the question - I went into diagnostic menu for the cell and it showed "instant salt as 2,500" ha ok its asking me to press save which i did. I returned to the default screen and the salt value has changed to 2,500 and asking for salt!

UG back to square one, so I add more salt the "instant salt reading stabilises at 2,900" I press save again and the default display now shows 2,900!

Any ideas whats going on? It seems by pressing enter in the diagnostic menu its setting up some fixed value in the default screen for the instant value which is effecting the service light asking for more salt.

So do i go by the active salt value? and where did the average salt value go to? :(

You should post a full set of water test results and tell us where you got them (pool store, or brand of test kit). There are several different things that can cause the FC level to read zero even though the SWG is on. As a general rule, SWG are great at maintaining an FC level, but are lousy at raising FC up from zero. You should manually add chlorine to get to a reasonable level and then see if the SWG can maintain it from there.

The SWG averages the salt level over a 24 hour period. When you do the diagnostic it measures the instantaneous salt level (significantly less accurate than the 24 hour average) and then sets that as the 24 hour average level, after which it will start averaging again from there. Generally you shouldn't be pressing save.

Also, if you added salt recently, the salt reading can vary pretty wildly for 24 hours or so after the addition as the salt slowly mixes into the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.