Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: alternative to WFDS-24 115v 2 speed pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

alternative to WFDS-24 115v 2 speed pump?

Ques for the pump gurus:

I have determined that the whisperflo WFDS-24 115V 1HP pump is perfect for my older pool application. It fits my older exisiting 1.5HP pump curve quite well. I'm not really interested in spending another $450 on an Intelliflo VS pump since my needs are minimum. (ie. no solor or fancy water features.) As well, I'm a little leary of the reliability of these newer electronic pumps. The problem I have is that I don't think my existing electrical run can support this pump's current requirements. I think my existing run is ~75ft of 3 wire 12g that is used for my current 220V pump and 115v booster pump.

I would assume I would need 10g or bigger for the WFDS-24 pump, no?

Re-doing the electrical run is not really an option, so is there some other DS pump out there that is as efficient as this whisperflo with a similar pump curve, but runs on 220V?

Could I potentially use the WFDS-26 with the WFDS-24's impeller? Anybody tried that?

dave mc

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: alternative to WFDS-24 115v 2 speed pump?

Guess I'm going to answer my own question here.

It looks like the Jandy Stealth dual speed SHPF 1.02 220V pump fits the bill. I plugged it into mas985's spreadsheet using the CEC data and it gets almost the same cost savings per month to the whisperflo pump. Price of pump is about the same.

dave mc

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: alternative to WFDS-24 115v 2 speed pump?

Glad youi figured it out. That spreadsheet is a great tool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit