High Salt Level Help

Flyboy

Jul 2, 2010
The pool company that we have taking care of our pool apparently had a bad test result (or bad day) on the Salt concentration and added too much salt. My ppm level is at 4,000 according to the read out on my Auqa Rite Cl2 generator. 3 Questions:

- We have the hose running to dilute the pool. The Volume is 22,000 gal. How long (in days) shall I dilute? Is the the right thing to be doing? Any thing else - other than pray for rain !

- Should I shut down my CL2 generator until the level gets within range (3,200PPM)

- Can this event have hurt my salt cell or the CL2 system?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated....

If the SWG is happy and running fine there is no need to dilute and let it happen naturally. SWGs tend to shut off of or give an error if salt is too high...then you can dilute.

dmanb2b said:
If the SWG is happy and running fine there is no need to dilute and let it happen naturally. SWGs tend to shut off of or give an error if salt is too high...then you can dilute.

Thanks,

Will this high concentration of salt Harm my cell or other equipment?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.