Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Valves Tech Data, Seals, Dimensions & TDH

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Valves Tech Data, Seals, Dimensions & TDH

Hi All,

I'm redesigning my equipment pad to retrofit in all new equipment to replace the 20 year old stuff that came with the house we bought last year. I've read how hard it is to get tech data out of some of the vendors so I thought I would share this attachment Jandy emailed me when I called with questions about their valves, it provides dimensions and TDH info.

They did mention something interesting, I asked about installing a check valve before the SWG and the guy told me "don't use ours in a high chemical environment" He said there valve seals just can't handle that much chlorine so close to the SWG. He said it was like how some toilet valves fail when people use chlorine bleach tablets in the tanks. He suggested I use a Hartford loop instead. I'm thinking I may use a Pentair check valve there instead, does anyone know if the seals in the Pentair valves are any more chemical resistant?

Best Regards, Tom
    IG 11,000 gallon 14'x30' Freeform Gunite Pool w/ 8' Spillover Spa, Pebble Fina Bella Blue Plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, Quad 80 w/ Fiber Clear Filter, Mastertemp 400HD Heater, IntelliTouch i5+3 w/ ScreenLogic App Controller, IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Cell, IntelliChem PH & ORP Controller w/ Acid Dispenser, IntelliBrite 5g Color Lights, Infusion Venturi Returns

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Valves Tech Data, Seals, Dimensions & TDH

He's right about the loop. While there are chemical resistant checks, they cost $$. Pipe and elbows are safer, far more cost effective, and maintenance free. The cell can be placed in the down side of the loop to save space.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Scott,
    Here is my concept for the Hartford Loop, does this look correct? I can't find many examples of best practice for this? Are there any rules I should follow as far as height, distance from heater or others?
    Thanks, Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG 11,000 gallon 14'x30' Freeform Gunite Pool w/ 8' Spillover Spa, Pebble Fina Bella Blue Plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, Quad 80 w/ Fiber Clear Filter, Mastertemp 400HD Heater, IntelliTouch i5+3 w/ ScreenLogic App Controller, IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Cell, IntelliChem PH & ORP Controller w/ Acid Dispenser, IntelliBrite 5g Color Lights, Infusion Venturi Returns

4. Back To Top    #4

With a salt cell, I keep the cell height below the heater's manifold. The "U-Turn" at the top should be about 6" above the manifold on the heater.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.