Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pump question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Albemarle, NC

Intex pump question

I currently have a 1000 GPH pump that came with my 18ft x48in AGP.
    I have heard the pumps are under sized for the actual pools they sell them with, so I am looking to go up & unfortunately can not afford to go out of the Intex pump price range right now.

Would the 1500 GPH Intex pump actually be any improvement or should I go ahead & go with the 2500 GPH? or would the 2500GPH be overkill?
    Intex 16ftx32ftx52in rectangular / Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 21in sand filter / Intex SWG / still saying solar panels coming next year

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Intex pump question

Unless you're having problems, I'd stick with the undersized one and save up for a real pump/filter. They don't cause problems by themselves, and will suffice as long as you don't have any big issues to clean up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Dayton, Ohio

Re: Intex pump question

I have the 16' Ultra Frame and upgraded to the 2500 (it is in my price range at $99 inc ship on AMazon). I love it! It has done a wonderful job this year. It is a lot stronger than the 1500. Am planning on sticking with it next year, too. I also upgraded to the Intex Deluxe Vacuum/Maintenance Kit and love that as well. All of this is in my price range. It has been a pretty carefree summer with this Intex equipment.
    AG Intex Ultra Frame
    Round 16 ft x 48 in, 5061 gal
    2500 gph Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter