Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stonescape finish process and chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

Stonescape finish process and chemicals

We are nearing the end of our new pool build. The pool is 16x35 Freeform shape, 5'6ft deep. My question is on our finish. The pool had mini-pebble Stonescape installed on Wednesday. The builder began filling up Wednesday night and came by Thursday to turn the pump on and put 4 galloons of acid in the water. He has instructed us to let the pump run 24-7, brush 2-3 times a day, backwash every 18hrs and put another 6 galloons of acid into the water on Sunday. Then continue running the pump, backwashing and brushing until Saturday the 4th when we can get in. Is this right? I feel like I am missing something. Shouldn't I be testing the water during this process and add chemicals before we swim? I am extremely frustrated and confused. I want to know what I need to do, test and when. Our pool is a salt water pool with a sand filter. All the help I can get would be appreciated. I am looking forward to them being out of my life and starting the BBB method!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Stonescape finish process and chemicals

Sorry nobody responded, did you get your builder to respond? If not, you definitely need some chlorine before you swim. Do you have a test kit of any kind? Can you post some results?

Welcome to TFP, by the way.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden