Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone Use a Pollytunnel canopy for their AGP?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone Use a Pollytunnel canopy for their AGP?

In fact any self built canopy
    Thinking of something cheap to keep the air slightly warmer than outside and a less temp reduction.
    Intex Ultra Rectangular AGP 18*9*4
    Certikin hydroswim HPS .5hp pump
    Azur 15" Sand Filter (pentair)
    EGFM glass particles (10kg of 1-3mm and 25kg of .5 - 1mm)
    Calorex AW910 Heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone Use a Pollytunnel canopy for their ABG?

If you search the site (google search in the very bottom left corner of the page), you can find several threads dealing with "pool domes" or "dome covers", etc. This thread shows some pictures, and you could try sending a PM to the member:
    started-conversion-tonight-unsure-if-i-m-testing-properly-t23060.html
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's my brand new luxury pool enclosure! The temperature outside has been pretty rubbish (low to mid 60'sF) and wet. We've been in the pool most days in the last week. Pool temp doesnt drop as much as solar blanket only and the air inside heats up nicely with only a bit of sun.
    Cost? £150 including delivery (about $250).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Calorex AW910 Heat Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks like the floating row cover that I bought for my tropical plants. Different weights claim to maintain about 4 to 8 degrees warmer in side and allow 65 to 90% of sunlight depending on weight. It comes in mostly 6' widths but some places offered 15' or more.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Anyone Use a Pollytunnel canopy for their ABG?

That cover is a great idea! I've been looking for ideas to cover my round agp, with 110 degree summers and mossies that want all your blood it would be awesome to cover it like that, keep out some bugs some sun awesome! Now to find details on a round one so I can get it planned for next year!
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

6. Back To Top    #6

Dale, it probably would be about 150 degrees under there in the middle of Houston summer. Like being in a parked car with the windows up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

We don't all live in the desert!!
    I wonder if this might be an idea to share with those who have 'real' in ground pools?
    Admininstrators... would be interesting to know if you can provide an idea as to where everyone is located. Seems to be just me and teapot from the UK.
    Calorex AW910 Heat Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Langy3366
    Admininstrators... would be interesting to know if you can provide an idea as to where everyone is located. Seems to be just me and teapot from the UK.
    Unless we we have a crystal ball, there is no way for us to know where you're from

It's up to our members to fill out personal details (personal profile) in their user control panel and allow it to be visible to other members, including us
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Langy3366
    We don't all live in the desert!!
    I wonder if this might be an idea to share with those who have 'real' in ground pools?

OI OI, im from Blighty as well lol
    15 x 36 Intex AGP
    External skimmer
    Mega sand filter
    1/3 HP pump
    http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/GazzMan9/