Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hardi Backer for exterior applications

1. Back To Top    #1

Hardi Backer for exterior applications

This is a quote from Hardi backer faq on thier site. "In accordance with National Evaluation Service Report NER-405, HardieBacker board is recognized only as an interior substrate."

Do not recommend Hardi Backer for exterior installs you are giving bad information.

I hate to see people miss led. Professionals should know better.

2. Back To Top    #2

Topeka, KS

Re: Hardi Backer for exterior applications

That is funny, Hardi backer makes siding that looks identical to the Board except it's about 1'x8' or so. I sold flooring at a national home improvement store. A guy bought a bunch of siding for his floor tile project, because it was much cheaper. I still wonder how his money saving project turned out.
    18x36 Buster Crab in ground, 3' shallow 8' deep, Hayward super pump, 300lb sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Riverside, CA

Re: Hardi Backer for exterior applications

You can buy 4x8 Sheets of the Siding Material. It comes with a 'stucco' finish and you can get it in a bunch of colors.

Hardie isn't going to warranty your home built BBQ anyway.

Someone should be able to find the exact makeup of the "Backerboard" and the "Siding" and I bet they are just about the same.
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)