OMG tell me everything is going to be ok

Jul 25, 2010
I just went out to check on the ABG pool install and there are scratches on the wall of the pool down to the metal in one area. I am freaking out and called the pool dealer and now I'm waiting on a call back. The installer tells me that its no big deal and it won't rust but I'm upset. Mind you my pool is filling with water as we speak :shock: I have been out there on and off all day watching them install it and didn't notice it until now. WHAT do I do??? :rant:

24ft Seaspray Evoluction
1.5 hp Pentair
22in sandfilter
Aquatrol SWG

Ummm...I don't know if you'll have a problem...someone else will likely come around to advise. But, I can tell you when my spa was delivered several years ago, the guys scratched the panels on my brick retaining wall, which they told me not to worry about covering during delivery to prevent scratches... :hammer:

While the scratches wouldn't hurt the spa or impede operation of same, I told them I wanted unscratched panels and they were reluctant to call the shop to get them ordered saying they weren't that bad, they could put the panels on the non visible sides of the spa, etc...

I simply said that I paid x thousand dollars for a spa with no scratches and in a couple weeks that's what I expect to have on my deck. If they couldn't make that happen then they could put the spa back on their little trailer and cut me a refund check promptly.

I had new panels.

Speak up. You didn't buy a scratched pool and a scratched pool should not be installed. :mrgreen:

Ok so I called the pool company they called the man. and told them what happened. Seaspray is sending out a repair paint kits and has noted my file/warrenty with both them and the store. IF I have any issues with the wall rusting or paint then my pool will be completely replace and reinstalled for free. They told me this was a life time warrenty. I am waiting to see it in writing though. I was told the scratches are something that happened in packaging. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.