Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Popup Pool Mystery

1. Back To Top    #1

Popup Pool Mystery

Last evening I was adding water due to evaporation and was trying to rig up a vac plate from a ziploc bowl. (That idea didn't workout as planned.)

Well, when I left the pool, I turned the water off, my hose has lever on the end. I did not shut it off at the faucet/spiggit.

This morning my Stepson, needed the hose and took it out of the pool, he say's the water wasn't running in the pool.

The pool is now near the level it should be. But,,,, you can tell alot of water overflowed somehow, as you can see where it ran and pushed alot of pine needles down the slope of my property along two paths.

What happened?? Did someone:

A) Leave the water running? (Me?) And the water self leveled?
    B) Come out and lean on the sides to make it run out?
    ?? Who turned the water off? I'm stumped.
    AGP, POPUP, 3800GAL. SWG 2000 GPH pump. Over the wall skimmer. SE TX. NEWBIE

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Popup Pool Mystery

I know - your neighbor was out walking the dog and saw the water running out of the pool. Although you guys aren't really on great terms, he was feeling quite benevolent so he shut off the water. :P

I have NO idea
    Peter
    21' X 52" above ground
    1 HP Hayward Power Flow Matrix Pump
    Hayward EC40C DE Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Popup Pool Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_S
    I know - your neighbor was out walking the dog and saw the water running out of the pool. Although you guys aren't really on great terms, he was feeling quite benevolent so he shut off the water. :P

I have NO idea

Ha! Maybe that was it. Thanks neighbor.
    AGP, POPUP, 3800GAL. SWG 2000 GPH pump. Over the wall skimmer. SE TX. NEWBIE