Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor K2006 and pH testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor K2006 and pH testing

Hi I have a K2006 test kit I just bought and I just read the info below from Pool School. In the test kit directions for testing pH it does not mention adding the chlorine neutralizer before adding the pH test solution. should I be adding this neutralizer? my Fc tends to be around 5-7ppm.

Thanks.

"A measure of how acidic or basic (alkaline) a solution is. A pH of 7 is considered neutral, anything above 7 is basic and anything below is acidic. Pools are usually kept at a pH from 7.2 to 7.8. pH in pools is tested with the indicator phenol red. High sanitizer levels above about 5 ppm can interfere with this test and lead you to believe that your pH is very high when it is actually not! The better test kits will allow for this by adding a chlorine neutralizer to the indicator and calibrating their color comparator blocks to compensate for the added chlorine neutralizer so you can get accurate pH readings when your sanitizer levels are at 10-15 ppm."

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor K2006 and pH testing

Aquatica, the chlorine neutralizer is part of the R-0014 (0004?) indicator dye. You don't need to add it separately
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Some test kits include a separate chlorine neutralizer for use with the PH test, but the Taylor kits include it in with the PH indicator dye.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thats great. Thanks!