Second Return and Fountain for Intex Pool

jsf0656 said:
ladylion said:
jsf065 - great job! This is the next thing I aspire to do, prefering the sprinkler outside the pool too. Quick question, why put the ball valve below the standard return? Wouldn't putting it above the return before the sprinkler head allow you to turn off the sprinkler when you don't want it and let the normal return function, or am I missing something? Seems like you have enough pressure from the picture to run both at the same time. Another question, why the small adapter above the ball valve before the T? I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I only have to build one for mine one time, so thanks for patience with my stupidity. Thanks !

i wasnt using the original suction port at all. since installing the skimmer, i decided to use the old return as a dedicated sprinkler. the intex pump provided plenty of power to use them separately. plus i run the skimmer all the time. it keeps the pool very clean! i used a short adapter that i had to lenghten out the connection rather than buying another piece of pipe and cutting it to fit.

there are no stupid questions! i learned everything about a pool right here on this forum. you could have used a single piece of pipe but chose to use a part that i already had to acomplish the same thing. :)

My only is question is how did you add the 1.5" 4 way connector to the thru wall fitting? I have the same fitting, but can't see how the 4 way connects? The pic shows it going inside the fitting, but how is it connected? I have a 1.5" 4 way, but the inside of the thru wall fitting has 4 ridges that keep the 4 way from sliding in.

I've just got to say "You are all fantastic!" The ideas you have are going to make my Intex pool incredible. The fountain... OMG. This is my first above ground pool. I am in the leveling the site stage. I plan to hard plumb from the get go. I have the wall skimmer, salt system, and sand filter. I can't wait to get in! Forget the kids... this pool is all mine. One question... Do I need to put pavers under the support legs?

Hi Raehana, bear in mind that hard plumbing the pool can create an extra ladder for kids to climb into the pool..... And the walls of these pools move a little bit... I've gone with spa hose, or flexible pvc for my plumbing..... Just my 2 cents... :)

I would recommend putting pavers under the legs... Most people with intex pools do.... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Metal plates will work but you try to avoid sharp edges when dealing with vinyl liners.... Concrete pavers are cheap and easily dig into the ground if you need them to... Even though you can paint metal to stop it from rusting, it will still rust eventually, especially if you are using salt in your pool...... Pavers or wood are the most common.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.