I went ahead and made my first mod to my Intex pool. I created a second return and added a fountain. I used the idea from this post for the fountain http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ol-t24483.html and this idea of using 1.5 PVC pipe added to the Intex pool fittings http://www.troublefreepool.com/intex...er-t25132.html. I combined both of the ideas into one contraption . The sand filter/pump has more than enough power to run the fountain and second return.
* NOTE * All pipe and fittings are 1.5" PVC.
* Construction *
1. I took a four way fitting and added it to the Intex thru wall fitting.
2. I then added an addapter to alow a .5" pool eyeball for the top return.
3. I then added two ball valves to control the flow to the bottom return and the fountain.
4. After the top ball valve I added a tee and two 12" pipes extending out each side with end caps.
5. After the bottom ball valve I added a 26" pipe and 90' elbow with another .5" pool eyball.
* Function *
The contraption works by turning the ball valves. To control the fountain I just close the bottom valve to the bottom return to create more presure for the fountain. I then open the top ball valve to turn on the fountain. That is it.
* NOTE *
The top return is always flowing water even with the fountain on.
Below are some pictures of the contraption mounted to the pool and running.