Jandy LX 400 heater issue

Aug 25, 2010
Hi,
I have had it with my Jandy LX 400,000 btu heater. I inherited the heater with the pool outside of the 2 year warranty.
In the past 2 years I have had 4 LCD panels fail. most only after 3-4 months. Panel looks ok but the temperature sensor reads off the scale 120+ degrees - I replaced wiring harness and sensors multiple times. About 3 companies have serviced the heater and none want anything to do with this discontinued model. jandy support keeps saying contact my local Jandy authorized serviceman...the serviceman is now telling me to bite the bullet and spend 4-5k on another heater - Hayward or Rayvac....

Right now I am considering legal action against Jandy for a faulty consumer product. I have heard from various service guys that this model was problematic and a lemon from the start.

Any thoughts?

4-5K is about double what it should cost. Someone is trying to get rich off those numbers.

I'd look at Pentair (or StaRite, owned by Pentair). Raypac heaters are now Rheem, and are good also.

Price of 4-5k is including heater installation, labor, configuration and removal of old heater by service company (Leslies pool)
I have seen this heater by itself for approx 2k + tax and shipping.

Thats pretty expensive install, Are you handy at all? You could probably do it yourself. I would definitely get a couple quotes before just going with Leslies if you choose not to DIY...

Going price here, for all of the above mentioned work, is around $2,400.00. For the price they are charging, I could probably get a ticket and fly to Florida, pick up a heater and install it, fly back home after spending a couple days in Florida and still have made money :cool:

Keep looking around. You should be able to get pretty close to pricing around here, I imagine. If not, I might just consider moving to Florida!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.