Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubba263....1st time pool guy

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubba263....1st time pool guy

Bubba263 here....Sugar Land TX which is a suburb of Houston. Had the new inground pool for approx 2 months. Have quickly figured out the "pool school" info from the builder was a joke. Since then have been studying the TFP Pool School and have learned a fair shake of info. Have my upgraded testing kit and already used it to become much more knowledgible, specifically on chlorine shocking, the effects CYA and the level of FC I need to acheive and monitor to actually shock my pool effectively. Had green algae problems and the locoal pool houses turned out to be a joke. Once I educated myself and used the pool calculator here I beat the algae in less than a week. It took 4 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine which I never would have added without the knowledge, support and testing I learned through TFP. Shoulders are still a litle sore from the brushing down the pool but I guess thats what it takes.

No doubt I have many more challanges ahead but it is so nice to remove myself from the total state of confusion I was in earlier with the cheapo pool supplied test kit and the partial info/sales pitches from the local pool stores.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubba263....1st time pool guy

Quote Originally Posted by bubba263
    No doubt I have many more challenges ahead but it is so nice to remove myself from the total state of confusion I was in earlier with the cheapo pool supplied test kit and the partial info/sales pitches from the local pool stores.
    Hey, be happy you've become enlightened so soon... took me 3 years of being "pool stored", cheap test kits and various advice before I found TFP. And by the way, welcome!
    28K IG Vinyl lined pool - 1 skimmer, 2 returns
    Hayward DE 60sqft filter; Polaris 280 vacuum with booster pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bubba263....1st time pool guy

Welcome to TFP. Knowledge and a trouble free pool will turn you into a pool snob. Its a good thing. We enjoy pictures!
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/