Vacuuming Dirt/Dust-Best Way?

lances4803

Sep 6, 2009
TN
We've got construction near the pool and dust has been blowing in. It generally settles on the seams of the liner and in the shallow end, so fairly easy to vacuum up.
Problem is, when I vacuum with the valve set to Filter, the particles are small enough to blow right through the filter and I am back where I started.
So, I vacuum to Waste, but then lose a lot of water, a couple of inches which then needs to be replaced. This is even when I vacuum fast.
Will a filter sock stop the dust without harming the pump with the increased suction used during vacuuming?
Any other suggestions to avoid wasting the water (and chemicals)?

Use a skimmer sock. It catches that dirt/dust, then I just hose it off after vaccuuming or at the end of the day before I turn the pump off. I now don't have to clean my pump basket because nothing is getting through. I use the same sock all summer usually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.