Live in Montreal, When should I close pool?

I live in PEI, and usually close Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct. 11 this year) weekend . The water is cool enough by then not to incur algae. I usually turn the heater off by the 1st of October to let the water cool down. If we happen to have a sub-zero night before closing, I keep the pump running. If you have water bags to fill, you might want to start filling them earlier and leave them pool-side, as the weather can get very cool in mid-October!

poolnoob said:
what do you mean, if I have water bags to fill?
The cheap winter covers (like I have) are weighted down on the edges with 8-10 foot (will revert to English measurements!) long tube-like water bags that must be filled by hose each fall. The deluxe covers, e.g. Loop Loc (the ones with the ads that show an elephant walking on the cover) fasten directly to the pool decking, and require no such bags.

I see now that you have an AGP. Some AGP covers are held on by water bags (lengthwise if no deck to attach to), and some are held on by a cable/grommet/winch device that may or may not be augmented by water bags.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.