duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
This week, I had an epiphany with my suction-side auto-vac. (Sta-rite Pool Shark (discontinued))

I was about ready to give up on it....it never patterned well and had a habit of tangling (looping around) on itself....ending up cleaning only a small circle of my pool.

For reasons I can't remember, I added another six feet of hose I had laying around....more hose than the man. recommended but put it on there nevertheless. Voila! Ole' "Sharkie" now covers the entire pool and entangles himself probably 80% less than before. He's still slow, but seems to have gained his brain back and actually now cleans my pool pretty well.....well enough so I can get a few more years out of him or until Ed McMahon brings me that check.

Hope this info is useful to someone else.

I've got a Kreepy Krauley that I use to keep the bottom of my 24' AG pool clean.

I've discovered as well, that hose length, or more specifically...the number of hose segments, seems to have an effect on the pattern, or area that the kreepy works in.

8 segments (about 32') allows the kreepy to reach the far side of the pool...but it tends to concentrate most of it's efforts on the far half.

7 segments (about 28') take the far side out of play...and keeps the beastie on the near half.

I end up running it for a few hours with 8 segments...then pull one off and run it some more with 7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.