Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: metal free / metal out products?

1. Back To Top    #1

metal free / metal out products?

I've just filled my pool yesterday and ready for chemical start-up. Is this something people normally use in freshly filled water? Can pool store actually test my water to see if metal-minerals are in my water? Many thanks in advance for tips. ... 60/I/14834

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: metal free / metal out products?

The only time you need to use something like Metal Free is when you have metals (typically iron) in the water. And even then I don't recommend using that specific product. There are a number of superior sequestrants available.

Many pool store, but not all, can test for metals. There usually isn't any point in bothering to test for metals unless you filled the pool from a well or have some specific reason to suspect that there are metals in the water. Municipal water hardly ever has enough metals to have any effect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School