problem with pump

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
When I turn my pump on for the first time in the morning a squirt of water shoots out of the connection between the pump assembly and the basket. I also noticed, I do not know if its corrosion or salt build up (have a salt water gen.) in the same area where the water squirts out.

I am also concerned that when I first tried to turn on the pump it did not come on, but did on the second try. Is my pump permanently damaged?

I also wrote in another post under " Everything Else" I had a problem with losing water, turned out it was the main drain, I ended up shutting down the main drain. Would this be at all related to this pump problem?

No the water only squirts out on start up, on the first start up in the morning. If you turn off and back on after initial start up it does not shoot or squirt water.

The pump sounds normal,no vibration or irregular sounds. I posted some pictures, you notice some corrosion around where the pump meets the basket. Also water is leaking underneath the basket lid and the plug on the basket. I replaced the rings on both of these last year and also hit it with silicone a few weeks ago.

I am having a problem uploading a picture - it says that the file is too big (max size is 512 KiB) even though it is only one picture. How do you upload?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.