Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquatrol instal issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquatrol instal issues

Hello,

Spent 3 hours trying to get this thing not to leak. Got a leak on the flow switch end, from the union. Not for the hose. Used no teflon tape, some teflon tape, alot of teflon tape. no difference. Tightened by hand, and then a little tighter, still no difference. Finally gave up after the 100th misquito bite. Any chance this is a defective O-ring?
    24' AG Doughboy w/ 5'8 dish bottom, CWII DE Filter, 1.5 hayward 2 speed pump, Aquatrol SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquatrol instal issues

Did you lubricate the o-ring with a silicone based pool or plumbers lubricant? You should also check the o-ring for any signs of nicks or cuts.

Another possibility is that something is blocking the union from closing completely. Are there any plastic "burrs" sticking up that might prevent it from closing completely?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquatrol instal issues

Hello,

I did lubricate the ring as well.

This AM I took apart the whole system and switched O-rings from another section. Still leaks in the same spot.

When I get home later, I will take it apart again and check for any burrs.

Thanks!
    24' AG Doughboy w/ 5'8 dish bottom, CWII DE Filter, 1.5 hayward 2 speed pump, Aquatrol SWG.