Fiberglass Pool manufacturers...Difference in quality?

Aug 19, 2010
Nyack, NY
Hi all, long time lurker and fan of the forum

...I've been interested in a fiberglass pool and have read up on alot of the manufacturers but the problem I have is that they all seem to brag about being the best. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find comparison reviews. Can anyone point me to a reputable and non biased source on the various models and/or share some feedback/experience with many different models.

One of my main concerns is the metallic gelcoats and how long they will last from fading and/or staining.

TY

I don't know about the pool, but I do know it is Pink Floyd/Comfortably numb :cheers:

That being said, you might want to consider the "knowledge" behind some of my posts :shock:

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, Out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb.... :punkrock:

Good times, Good times

Rico Laguno said:
Bingo!....great song, fantastic group...brings back some good memories!

In regards to your 2nd statement, I dont think I follow you....your point might of sailed right over my head.

As much as I might hate to admit it, I think I still tend to live in the 70's and 80's! Those were, for me anyway, good times, and there was a lot of really good music back then.

My second comment was that I may just have gotten too comfortably numb sometimes and I hope it doesn't reflect in my posts! Ah well, another comment that proved my point :oops: :lol:

I have a Viking fiberglass pool. I've only had it for about a year but it has been problem free. It looks great, no staining, and at the time I got it they threw in the tile for around the top. I chose Viking from a lot of recommendations from people in my area who have them.

Viking did not install our pool. I believe they have dealers in different areas that do their installs. Although we LOVE our pool, we didn't love our installer. I wouldn't recommend them. That being said, we are in South Jersey and they don't cover your area. If you contact Viking I'm sure they would tell you who the dealer in your area is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I actually have heard some good things about Leisure Pools and Waterworld pools. I also met a dealer that installs Crystal Pools but I cant find any type of reviews for these pools so I think I am going to narrow it down between a Leisure and Waterworld pool

Anyone have any info between these 2 pools that they'd like to contribute....good or bad, that could help me?

thnx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.