Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass Pool manufacturers...Difference in quality?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass Pool manufacturers...Difference in quality?

Hi all, long time lurker and fan of the forum

...I've been interested in a fiberglass pool and have read up on alot of the manufacturers but the problem I have is that they all seem to brag about being the best. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find comparison reviews. Can anyone point me to a reputable and non biased source on the various models and/or share some feedback/experience with many different models.

One of my main concerns is the metallic gelcoats and how long they will last from fading and/or staining.

TY
    ----------------------------

~When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye.....~

-Name the song and group!-

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiberglass Pool manufacturers...Difference in quality?

I don't know about the pool, but I do know it is Pink Floyd/Comfortably numb

That being said, you might want to consider the "knowledge" behind some of my posts

3. Back To Top    #3

Bingo!....great song, fantastic group...brings back some good memories!

In regards to your 2nd statement, I dont think I follow you....your point might of sailed right over my head.

~When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye.....~

4. Back To Top    #4

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, Out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb....

Good times, Good times
    20x40 IG Vinyl, 1.5 HP Whisperflo, Sta-Rite System 3 (300) Sq. ft Cart
    Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, 125,000 BTU Pentair heatpump, Polaris 280
    7' IG FG Spa, 2 HP Whisperflo, Pentair Dynamic III Cart (100) Sq. ft

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Rico Laguno
    Bingo!....great song, fantastic group...brings back some good memories!

In regards to your 2nd statement, I dont think I follow you....your point might of sailed right over my head.
    As much as I might hate to admit it, I think I still tend to live in the 70's and 80's! Those were, for me anyway, good times, and there was a lot of really good music back then.

My second comment was that I may just have gotten too comfortably numb sometimes and I hope it doesn't reflect in my posts! Ah well, another comment that proved my point

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh ok...got it now, Simi

I guess either fiberglass pool owners are very rare on this forum or really despised...or both

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a Viking fiberglass pool. I've only had it for about a year but it has been problem free. It looks great, no staining, and at the time I got it they threw in the tile for around the top. I chose Viking from a lot of recommendations from people in my area who have them.
    14x30 Viking "Santa Barbara" Fiberglass Pool 12,500 gallon
    IntelliFlo Variable Speed Programmable Pump
    Salt Water Generator with AquaRite Electronic Chlorinator
    Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

lynns, did viking install it or do they have special distributors and pool builders they recommend?

Im in ny so we may be close, could you recommend your installer?

9. Back To Top    #9

We have a San Juan fiberglass pool for 3 years, everything is OK so far.
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

10. Back To Top    #10

Viking did not install our pool. I believe they have dealers in different areas that do their installs. Although we LOVE our pool, we didn't love our installer. I wouldn't recommend them. That being said, we are in South Jersey and they don't cover your area. If you contact Viking I'm sure they would tell you who the dealer in your area is.
    14x30 Viking "Santa Barbara" Fiberglass Pool 12,500 gallon
    IntelliFlo Variable Speed Programmable Pump
    Salt Water Generator with AquaRite Electronic Chlorinator
    Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

I actually have heard some good things about Leisure Pools and Waterworld pools. I also met a dealer that installs Crystal Pools but I cant find any type of reviews for these pools so I think I am going to narrow it down between a Leisure and Waterworld pool

Anyone have any info between these 2 pools that they'd like to contribute....good or bad, that could help me?

thnx

12. Back To Top    #12

I will let everyone know next month about out Viking pool installer.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

13. Back To Top    #13

Another vote for leisure pools from sunny Australia - quality of fibreglass is excellent, coming from experience with boating - brilliant layup and quality matt and composites
    Brand new 30,000 Litre (~8000Gal) inground Leisure Pools fibreglass, Astral Pool Viron 3 speed 1.5Hp P320 pump, Hurlcon VX 3 T SWCG, Hurlcon ZX100 cartridge filter.
    Two mustard algae events, lots of bad pool store advice - double the salt level it should be (sigh), large amounts of copper based algaecide, 50 litres of 12.5% liquid chlorine, 2 litres of clarifier. $300 in chemicals in two weeks.

14. Back To Top    #14

Our viking pool has been in operation now 2 months. Could not be more pleased with it. We had a couple of minor issues with installer. Nothing serious. But anytime you deal with contracting work there is always something. Just hope it's minor issues.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).