Suggestion's on re-due of my pool!!!!

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
When I replaced the liner the first of the summer I added some more sand to fix some place's.In the process I think I put too much sand in the bottom..Which created the problem with to much slack in the liner which caused the lap-over of the wall's.Alot of slack in the liner...I would like to start from scratch so I'm thinking of removing all the sand..The ground here in N.C. is hard red clay...I was thinking of putting a pad back down,coving pad,wall pad with no sand.What do you think or is there a better way to fix my screw-up??????...I have never been happy with the sand..I think I will leave this to the pro's this go around!!!!

I did a DIY project this year with our new pool. I went all out. I poured 7 yards of concrete and used 1" Dow blue foam board between the cement and liner. I also used foam cove. NO SAND! NO WRINKLES! Pool bottom feels like you are wearing flip-flops. It cost an extra $1000.

I also live in N.C. (North Wilkesboro)

tmyers said:
I did a DIY project this year with our new pool. I went all out. I poured 7 yards of concrete and used 1" Dow blue foam board between the cement and liner. I also used foam cove. NO SAND! NO WRINKLES! Pool bottom feels like you are wearing flip-flops. It cost an extra $1000.

I also live in N.C. (North Wilkesboro)
Sound's good,,If it was new..I know someone that did the samething with a new pool..Mine is 11 yrs old.I don't think I want to take it back down..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.