I have just purchased a used 18'X48" Intex Pool.
I have a both the Intex 100o GPH and a 1500GPH Water master pump.
1) are the 1000 pumps generally noisy? I disassebled the impeller and all looks good in there ( although the rubber bushings that arethe bearings look like something out of my 10 gallon fish tank filter). I hook up the 1500 and it is a lot quiter.
2) O-rings: How to determine what size I have (or rather need as I don't have any) I can't find any part numbers on the plunger valves. There seems to be several different flavors on an of the sites I have been on.
3) Forgoing the hoses and coming out of the pool with PVC. I can;t find anything that will thread onto the Intex (union?) the part that goes through the pool wall. any thoughts? Size of pipe?
4) Vacuming/air. I think some of it might have to do with the lack of o-rings but If I have even a little air in my vacume hose, water flow comes to a stand still. If I went with the above mentioned piping system, would it be possible to have an external connection for the vacume hose? I broke my skimmer arm wrestling the hose of the intake port to hook up the vacume hose.
5) planning on trying to put some pipes on the roof for solar heating purposes. Anyone have success with doing that with these sized pumps.