I've been reading about the downside of copper sulfate algaecide on this site for years, but still somehow managed to let someone sell it to me today. It's expensive and I can't return it. I've had a problem with recurring algae for the past couple of weeks, and after brushing and shocking a couple of times and maintaining FC at ~5, it still comes back. The algaecide I bought is 20% copper sulfate. Since I paid for it, can I use it just this once and avoid staining issues? A water test today did not show any presence of copper. The pool does have some stains, but have yet to determine what kind. Also, I'm throwing a party this weekend, so would like to avoid cloudy water.
Thanks for your help!
Alk: 70 (a little low)