Pentair SAm issues

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
We have had our pool for 3y 5m. Probably used our SAm 100 hrs max. A couple months ago we noticed we were losing colors. We are now down to red, green and yellow. According to a website this is a 7 color light. We are past warranty. Called Pentair who did not have a clue other then to say that someone needs to come out and take a look at it. I am a little ticked since brochure claims this light lasts up to 4,000 hrs. Any ideas? Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone do this themselves or do we have to call professionals? Thanks so much!

There are actually 3 "bulbs" in that light, and they blend in intensity to create the 7 colors. My opinion is that you have to look really hard to find all 7 colors, and if you have the colors that you are seeing, then chances are the light is working. Not to say that you don't have something going on, but I have personally ever seen all 7 colors!

I have the same lights. I see 4 colors (white, blue, green and pink/reddish). I've never seen yellow.

Well, we use to have a blue and a beautiful fushia color which was my fav.). So for sure we had : red, green, yellow, blue and fushia. Now we only have yellow, red and green. You can see where the color is out, it goes black.

Bummer :( Does it still rotate through the rest of the colors and just go black as it rolls?

I don't know how serviceable those are, as I've never seen that problem. I'll bet I could find out though!

The Pentair SAM I have has 2 bulbs and color wheel. The motor and color wheel are servicable if you know what you doing. I've pulled them out of the water couple of times to replace the motor due to leak. Make sure to get new OEM gasket after you take them apart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.