Cloudy pool after a hard rain

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
I have a new pool that is built on a yard with a big slope. When it rains hard I get a lot of wash that comes fom the hill and into/across the pool. Yesterday we got over two inches of rain in a short period of time and now the pool is so cloudy I can hardly see the first step. What is the best way to go about trying to clear the pool? I have a SWG and my salt level dropped several hundred ppm from the level it was before the rain.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Cloudy pool after a hatf tain

Filtering 24/7, vacuuming and high levels of chlorine will eventually clear the pool.

That process will soon get very tiresome until you find a way to redirect that runoff water.

We have already put in a grate to try to catch what we can but the slope comes directly to the concrete decking around the pool. Not bad except when we have a torrential downpour.

What are the thoughts on superchlorination with the SWG versus other forms of chlorine or shock?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.